Friday, November 2, 2012

Behind Closed Doors


I remember the first time I met you
The pungent scent of your sweet sweat as it runs off your body,
The fresh scent of your breath, as you spoke softly in my ear,
The warmth of your touch, as you held me close

I remember the first time I saw you
Your laughter made my happiness complete.
Your broad chest was the oak in my forest
It always stood tall when disaster strike
But now all these things are memories

I remember the last time I saw you
The pungent scent of your putrid sweat
as it drips on my face.
The awful scent of your breath as it kicks me in the face.
The harshness and aggression in your hold
as you twisted my arm.

I remember the last time I saw you,
Cause you were the last when you closed my eyes.
Renae Peynado
(Class of 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment