Sunday, November 25, 2012

Crazy Love


Love isn’t love if it’s not shared
It’s sort of like a magic penny:
You put it in your pocket and you aint got any
Isn’t that weird?

So, I want to share my love with you
Not the type of love that inexperienced wanna-be love
Gods sing about
But the mad crazy love
Not the kind that grace or TV screens
Or the kind in romance novels
I said, it’s crazy love
The love that makes you high sort of walking on cloud 9
The love that bubbles in your heart like a volcano ready to
Erupt
I want to love you crazy
Like teenagers love cell phones
Like … like Cupid loves his bow
Like God loves the church
Like animals love spring
Like a groom loves his virgin bride

I want to love you more
More than Carl Marx Loves communism
More than Rastafarians love High Grade
More than Americans love their constitution
MAD SICK HEAD NU GOOD kind of love

The love that makes you smile for just remembering
The love that makes you nervous if you are forgetting
Sounds crazy eh?
That’s because it’s crazy love

The kind of love that when you hear a song…
It makes you bite your lips and curl your toes
YEA… CRAZY, CRAZY LOVE

I want to love you more…
More than ghetto people love gossip
More than politicians love scam
More than I love to nyam
More than Michael Angelo loves painting and waiters love Waiting

More than Shakespeare loves staging
More than pastor’s love preaching and teachers love Teaching

CRAZY, GRAZY LOVE
Yes, I want to love you more…
More than Mozart loves the piano
And Bach loves the concheirto
More than Patti La Belle loves to sing
And Laborites love to ring
I want to love you BAD
Like Vybz Kartel loves slackness
Or Maya Angelo loves blackness
Yea……………
Like a dentist loves cavity
And Jamaicans love poverty
Like Louise Bennett loves Patois
And beauty queens love the camera

I want t love you STINK
Like the smell of pungent cow dung on a cool early
Morning
Like scratching you malodorous toes after a hard day at
Work
That’s crazy, CRAZY LOVE
I want to love you SWEET
Sort of like whip-creamed strawberry and a sip of dry white Wine
Like lighting scented candles and makes you a peach
Scented bubble bath

While listening to the beat and the rhythm of your heart

I want to love you PURE
Like the wind from a virgin forest
Like… like a child’s first day at school

I want to love you WHOLE
Not some of you but all of you… with all your faults
So, love is tender
Love is true
Love is crazy
Just like me and you.

William Ebanks
(Class of 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment